Fw 190 Defence of the Reich Aces
96 page book.
Other products to consider: (14)
About this book
Renowned aviation author and artist, John Weal, presents the last volume of Fw 190 Aces not previously covered in the Aircraft of the Aces series. From mid-1942 until the end of the war, German fighter pilots were deployed in the defence of the homeland in an effort to halt the near-constant bombing raids by Britain and America. This book tells their story, from the moment when the Luftwaffe began to retreat to the dying days of the Reich. Using previously unpublished photographs, this book charts the story of the men who earned their status as aces while fighting a hopeless battle to protect the land and the people they loved.
- Chapter 1 - 1942 - Early RAF
- USAAF Daylight Raids
- Chapter 2 - 1943 - The War of Attrition
- Chapter 3 - 1944 - Bloodletting over the Reich
- Chapter 4 - 1945 - The War is Lost
- Appendices A) Defence of the Reich Fw 190 Aces B) Awards presented to Defence of the Reich Aces C) Orders of Battle D) Colour Plates Commentary
Paperback; February 2011; 96 pages; ISBN: 978184603482