The Allegheny Midland: Lessons Learned
96 page book.
Other products to consider: (18)
Tony Koester's well-known HO scale Allegheny Midland layout is analyzed in detail in this fascinating new book. Built over the course of 25 years, the layout has been the subject of many Model Railroader magazine articles over the years. Here, Koester looks at lessons learned during the construction and operation of the Allegheny Midland. Using the author's original photography, he highlights many how-to lessons from its construction, along with the wisdom and perspective that comes from reviewing what worked and what didn't on one of the largest and most notable layouts in the country.
A compelling combination of project layout, analysis, and how-to book.
Author Tony Koester gives insight into his 25-year layout project.
Author: Tony Koester
Softcover; 8 1/4 x 10 3/4; 96 pages; 150 color photos; ISBN: 9780890247709
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: The roots of the Allegheny Midland
- Chapter 2: Persnickety plagiarism
- Chapter 3: Connecting to the rail network
- Chapter 4: Designing the Allegheny Midland
- Chapter 5: Creating a plausible roster
- Chapter 6: From track plan to benchwork
- Chapter 7: The track gang goes to work
- Chapter 8: Signature scenery and structures
- Chapter 9: Midland Road operations
- Chapter 10: Expanding horizons
- Chapter 11: "Midland Road" Down Under