German 20mm Flakvierling 38
Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $20.00You pay less than: $16.00Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 32554Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Flak-38 20mm"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Originally developed as a light anti-aircraft weapon for the Kriegs marine, the German army also adopted the 20mm cannon for use on land and was widely-used throughout WWII. To compensate for the cannon's low rate of fire, 4 of these cannons were mounted together to create the Flakvierling 38. The mount featured collapsible seats, ammo cartridge racks, a three-legged base, and could be rotated via hand wheels, with the guns themselves fired via two foot pedals,each of which controlled a pair of diametrically opposed cannons. In basic form, the Flakvierling38 was loaded onto a 2-wheeled mount for towing to deployment points, but it was also fitted onto halftracks, tank chassis, ships, barges, and trains to provide close-range air defense against Allied fighter-bombers.
About the Model
- High-quality 1/48 scale assembly model kit of the German Flakvierling 38 anti-aircraft gun.
- Quad-20mm cannons are linked to gunsight. Guns can be freely elevated/depressed and gun pedestal can be rotated to enable various firing positions.
- Parts are included for the trailer, enabling the gun to be towed by 1/48 scale vehicles such as ITEM 32534 6X4 Krupp Protze (Kfz.70).
- 4 figures in realistic poses as well as detailed accessories such as ammunition boxes and magazines are included as well.
- Excellent as a stand-alone diorama piece or as a component in larger displays