3.7cm Flak 37 - Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (7)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $24.35You pay: $16.52(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6483Scale: 1/35View all products of type "FlaK-36/37 37mm"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly produced ammunition box
- 3.7cm FlaK 37 realistically presented
- Gun with/without gun shield can be assembled
- Cannon can be freely posed at different angles
- Gun sight and hand wheels w/well-defined detail
- Gun cradle offers great detail definition
- Option for opened or folded gun shield
- Gun shield w/bolt detail in scale thickness
- 5-directional slide-molded one-piece gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Travel lock realistically presented
- Triangular base-plate gun platform authentically detailed
- boxes of realistically reproduced 3.7cm ammunition included
Rheinmetall developed its 3.7cm Flak 18 anti-aircraft cannon in 1935, although only a small number were produced. However, development continued in the guise of the 3.7cm Flak 36, and when a new Zeiss sighting system (Flakvisier) was incorporated the following year, it ultimately became known as the 3.7cm Flak 37. By the time production drew down in 1944, a total of 1178 Flak 37 cannons had been manufactured. For transport the 1544kg cannon was usually mounted on a two-wheel trailer and the whole combination weighed a total of 2400kg. The weapon could traverse 360* and its theoretical rate of fire was 820m/s. Normally a crew of eight men would service each weapon, with a ceiling altitude of 4800m possible.
The same Flak 37 weapon was mounted on the Sd.Kfz.7/2 armored halftrack. Now, however, Dragon is offering a standalone kit of the antiaircraft cannon. Usefully, the kit can be built according to two options - either with or without the gun shield. Even more than that, if the gun shield is installed, it can be depicted fully extended or folded. It may be a small kit, but it is full of detail. Take the one-piece gun barrel, for example. It is made from a sophisticated five-directional slide mold in order to present an accurate replica with a hollow muzzle. Modelers can pose the gun in various elevations or degrees of traverse. It also comes complete with a set of finely scaled 3.7cm ammunition rounds to help create an authentic scene. This carefully crafted cannon is ready for immediate emplacement in a modeler's diorama!