'34 Rolls Royce Phantom II
Unassembled plastic model kit
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $100.00You pay: $65.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 7459Scale: 1/16View all products of type "Phantom"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Rolls-Royce Ltd. was founded in 1906, and it quickly achieved a reputation as the producer of the world's finest automobiles. Beginning in 1911, Rolls-Royce vehicles featured a hood ornament that would provide Rolls-Royce with another trade mark in addition to the famous grill design: the 'Spirit of Ecstasy'. From 1929 to 1935, Rolls-Royce produced the Phantom II. Like its predecessor, it possessed a six-cylinder petrol engine featuring 7,668 liters of cubic capacity, top-positioned valves, and a removable cylinder head that ran very quietly, as usual, but which now featured an output of 120 bhp. The high-performance model of this over 5.5 meter long vehicle, which was the most luxurious of its time, was the so-called 'Continental', which featured stiffer suspension and a wheelbase of 3.7 meters. The design of the Continental body was intended to look much sportier than its predecessor. This automobile was designed so that the owner could drive it himself, without a chauffer. 281 copies of the Phantom II Continental left the workshop in Derby, and most of these were right-hand drive. As was common during its time, Rolls-Royce only delivered the motorised chassis; the body would be finished by a specialist company. The model was based on a vehicle from the year 1934, featuring a synchronised four-gear transmission and a body from J. Gurney Nutting & Company, based in Chelsea, England.
- authentically reproduced multi-part bodywork with finely structured surfaces
- multi-component six-cylinder engine featuring separate cables
- detailed interior with authentic dashboard, textured individual seats and separate rear bench
- both halves of engine bonnet can be built either closed or open
- large-format chassis
- leaf springs in front and in rear
- true-to-the-original wheel rims
- turning wheels
- model can be built with either open or closed doors
- numerous chromed parts, including the 'Spirit of Ecstasy', fender bars, engine grill, and lamp housings
- authentic decals